Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thing #5


Thing #5 - I played with Flickr this weekend and LOVE the site. It has many interesting photos that can be used in a variety of settings. The biggest use that I can see for the site is when a teacher or librarian needs pictures that they would not be able to find in textbooks, websites, etc. They are originals and very impressive to say the least. My favorite photos are the ones of bears as I collect them. The one that is attached to the website really drew me in the most as his eyes and overall facial features caught my attention. I excitedly look forward to using this website with my students as they would be able to locate a picture of interest to them and write about it. It would make for a magnificent creative writing tool as the pictures are very crisp and clear.

1 comment:

  1. that is an interesting bear picture...looks like he may have be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong!!

    Be sure to hot link sites you talk about so your readers can go there in a click!...and remember to credit pictures ...Flickr makes it pretty easy because the owner is also a hot link that can be easily added!

    ReplyDelete